You can view up-to-the-minute information on your account through the STAR system at star.wvu.edu.
Things to Know Before Reviewing Your Financial Aid in STAR
- Estimated aid cannot be accepted or declined. Aid listed as “estimated” is based on general program guidelines and is not guaranteed. Once formal notification of eligibility is received, the status will be updated. No student action is required. * Federal PLUS Parent Loan – An application must be completed at studentloans.gov and favorable parent credit history will be needed.
- Offered aid can be accepted, reduced, or declined on STAR one time only. A drop-down box should appear beside any aid ready for your decision. If there is no drop-down box, you may have already accepted the aid, the aid is in estimated status, or you have unsatisfied requirements that prevent the aid from being accepted.
A student must grant access to their records before WVU offices can disclose or
discuss information regarding their accounts. This includes discussing
the student's account with parents.
Information that is protected from disclosure pursuant to the
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), such as grades, financial
aid details, and student account/billing information is maintained in a secure
A student may grant permission to a parent or guest to access this information and make payments through this portal.
This is an easy 4 step process:
- Account: Student must set up an account for the individual online.
- Access: Student will determine what information they want their "proxy" to receive/access.
Passphrase: Student will create a word or short phrase
the "proxy" will need if contacting or coming to one of our locations.
- Email: Student can add the proxy's email address if they would like the proxy to receive billing email notifications.