A summer application for financial aid is NO LONGER REQUIRED. You will automatically be considered if you meet the following requirements for “Eligible for Consideration”.
ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
1. You are REGISTERED at least half-time: Six (6) credit hours for undergraduates.
2. You have a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with WVU Tech at the time you register. If you file the FAFSA after you register, you must contact the Financial Aid Office (FAO) on your campus to be considered for aid.
Transient students (enrolled at WVU Tech but taking classes at another institution) will need to submit a copy of your Transient Application to the FAO.
INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
1. No valid FAFSA on file at the time of registration.
2. Enrolled less than half-time.
3. You are a visiting or transient student from another institution (contact your home school regarding summer aid).
4. You are working on a certificate.
5. You are not making SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS.
AID TYPICALLY AVAILABLE
- Wood Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans. Check annual eligibility maximum below.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Private Loans
ANNUAL FEDERAL DIRECT SUBSIDIZED/UNSUBSIDIZED LOAN ELIGIBILITY
Check your STAR account at star.wvu.edu to see if you have already borrowed the annual limit for federal student loans. If you need assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Freshman 1-28 hrs. $5,500
Sophomore 12-58 hrs. $6,500
Junior/Senior 59+ hrs. $7,500
Freshman 1-28 hrs. $ 9,500
Sophomore 12-58 hrs. $10,500
Junior/Senior 59+ hrs. $12,500
*Your FAFSA determines your status as a Dependent or Independent student.
POSSIBLE SOURCES OF SUMMER AID
Vocational Rehabilitation – Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor.
Pennsylvania State Grant – Information can be found at www.pheaa.org
Promise Scholarship – Complete application at www.cfwv.com between March 15 – April 30.